Martha Glazzard has just returned from the 4th International Conference and 9th International Workshop on Auxetics and Related Systems in Bolton where she gave a paper entitled “Weft knitted auxetic textile design”. Martha reports that her work received positive feedback regarding her auxetic textile samples and the rationale behind her work. The next step is to explore promoting commercial and practical applications of the technology.
- Vibration sensors within yarn could help to monitor hand-transmitted vibration, which can cause injury. A new... fb.me/8tZXEDH33 3 days ago
- A workshop to explore developments in electronic yarn was the event of last week, attracting 80 delegates.... fb.me/8a3sAs3p7 2 weeks ago
- Representatives from Burberry visited recently to discuss and see the Advanced Textiles Research Group's work. fb.me/1TmBmqqdF 1 month ago
- The BBC visited today to film for 'Made in the East Midlands' in the Advanced Textiles Research Group's lab.... fb.me/4HscSnxqW 1 month ago
- Guilford Textiles' Rachael Wickenden hosted a visit from members of the Advanced Textiles Research Group... fb.me/8tobyy5ez 1 month ago