Dr. Colin Cork of the Advanced Textiles Research Group at Nottingham Trent University is pictured with four PhD researchers studying the ballistic impact of textiles at the University of Manchester. The picture shows (left to right) Yue Xu, Yanfei Yang, Colin Cork, Nan Wang and Shengnan Min. Topics under study include shear-thickening fluids, hybrid soft body armour, the structure of body armour and ballistic helmets. Dr. Cork himself used to research in the area at the University of Manchester.
- It will soon be show time once again for the carnival costume made in the Advanced Textiles Research Group at... fb.me/z9IvHAgP 6 days ago
- Theodore Hughes-Riley and Tilak Dias have published details on their work on monitoring of hand-transmitted... fb.me/1Pbtd3ApO 1 week ago
- News about a new project to prevent hearing damage:... fb.me/2RGfCojB8 3 weeks ago
- Lord Earl Howe 7th and Richard Arm discussing the next chapter of ATRG research at NTU. 1 month ago
- Yesterday's Nottingham carnival featured the Advanced Textiles Research Group's dramatic carnival 'King' costume.... fb.me/8JjBMtpgp 2 months ago