Dr. Colin Cork of the Advanced Textiles Research Group at Nottingham Trent University is pictured with four PhD researchers studying the ballistic impact of textiles at the University of Manchester. The picture shows (left to right) Yue Xu, Yanfei Yang, Colin Cork, Nan Wang and Shengnan Min. Topics under study include shear-thickening fluids, hybrid soft body armour, the structure of body armour and ballistic helmets. Dr. Cork himself used to research in the area at the University of Manchester.
- After presenting our research to 150 top UK surgeons in the main lecture theatre at Royal College of Surgeons in... fb.me/145DBRzIY 1 day ago
- Two job opportunities this week. This is the chance to help create a carnival costume containing the Advanced... fb.me/8F4cmxzxE 2 days ago
- A lecture entitled: 'The emerging role of the smart textile designer: a field guide for BA(Hons) Textile Design... fb.me/1hYJsiXei 6 days ago
- The Advanced Textiles Research Group has had an exciting week. Elizabeth Fagen, the Managing director of Boots UK... fb.me/5JQL9bsTO 1 month ago
- The first Soft Textiles and Robotics workshop was held at King's College London on Friday. Dorothy Hardy... fb.me/8I2nNHUfe 1 month ago