Dr. Colin Cork of the Advanced Textiles Research Group at Nottingham Trent University is pictured with four PhD researchers studying the ballistic impact of textiles at the University of Manchester. The picture shows (left to right) Yue Xu, Yanfei Yang, Colin Cork, Nan Wang and Shengnan Min. Topics under study include shear-thickening fluids, hybrid soft body armour, the structure of body armour and ballistic helmets. Dr. Cork himself used to research in the area at the University of Manchester.
- ATRG Research Fellow, Richard Arm, presented his work into improving educational trauma simulations at STAT 2017... fb.me/JmfXMSnv 1 week ago
- The revolution in 'smart fabrics' as shown by 'Invented in the East Midlands' featured electronic yarns and a... fb.me/8Jxlu4yir 3 weeks ago
- Brian McCarthy from Knowledge Transfer Network Ltd visited today. Exciting possibilities from an organisation... fb.me/2aAB9gL4b 4 weeks ago
- Read all about the Advanced Textiles Research Group's electronically-functional yarns, in an article by Theodore... fb.me/27lBrFq2D 1 month ago
- TechXLR8 at London's Excel centre this week showed the range of developments that are happening in technology... fb.me/8fbaYphwm 1 month ago