As the main focus of our work is electronic textiles we like to encourage links with both the textile and electronics industries. Therefore, in relation to the latter, we were delighted to host a visit this week from Roger Gibbs, managing director of PDR (http://www.pdr-rework.com/) and Jason O’Dell, managing director of O’Dell Rework Solutions (http://www.odellrework.co.uk/). PDR is a leading manufacturer of infra-red rework stations and O’Dell Rework Solutions market the stations in the UK and Ireland. The picture shows (from left to right) Jason O’Dell, Roger Gibbs, Anura Rathnayake, Professor Dias and Colin Cork.
- Vibration sensors within yarn could help to monitor hand-transmitted vibration, which can cause injury. A new... fb.me/8tZXEDH33 3 days ago
- A workshop to explore developments in electronic yarn was the event of last week, attracting 80 delegates.... fb.me/8a3sAs3p7 2 weeks ago
- Representatives from Burberry visited recently to discuss and see the Advanced Textiles Research Group's work. fb.me/1TmBmqqdF 1 month ago
- The BBC visited today to film for 'Made in the East Midlands' in the Advanced Textiles Research Group's lab.... fb.me/4HscSnxqW 1 month ago
- Guilford Textiles' Rachael Wickenden hosted a visit from members of the Advanced Textiles Research Group... fb.me/8tobyy5ez 1 month ago