Anura Rathnayake of the Advanced Textiles Research Group has been conducting further wash trials on our textiles with fully integrated electronics. Full electrical functionality is retained even after repeated machine wash cycles. This is achieved by encapsulating the semi-conductor chips within resin micro-pods for protection. Free fibres between micro-pods ensure that the required textile characteristics of softness and flexibility are retained.
- A lecture entitled: 'The emerging role of the smart textile designer: a field guide for BA(Hons) Textile Design... fb.me/1hYJsiXei 2 days ago
- The Advanced Textiles Research Group has had an exciting week. Elizabeth Fagen, the Managing director of Boots UK... fb.me/5JQL9bsTO 1 month ago
- The first Soft Textiles and Robotics workshop was held at King's College London on Friday. Dorothy Hardy... fb.me/8I2nNHUfe 1 month ago
- Professor Roger Kneebone visited recently to give some inspiring insights into the crossover between craft skills... fb.me/6f1iSoWOz 1 month ago
- ATRG Research Fellow, Richard Arm's cardiovascular simulation research was featured at an event called 'The... fb.me/5Z9WjzPIk 1 month ago