Anura Rathnayake of the Advanced Textiles Research Group has been conducting further wash trials on our textiles with fully integrated electronics. Full electrical functionality is retained even after repeated machine wash cycles. This is achieved by encapsulating the semi-conductor chips within resin micro-pods for protection. Free fibres between micro-pods ensure that the required textile characteristics of softness and flexibility are retained.
- Lord Earl Howe 7th and Richard Arm discussing the next chapter of ATRG research at NTU. 3 days ago
- Yesterday's Nottingham carnival featured the Advanced Textiles Research Group's dramatic carnival 'King' costume.... fb.me/8JjBMtpgp 1 month ago
- Read about socks that measure foot temperature in 'A Study of Thermistor Performance within a Textile Structure'.... fb.me/ufbCRlng 1 month ago
- The Advanced Textiles Research Group's carnival costume was the runner up for Nottingham in yesterday's EMCCAN... fb.me/82XGsAXx3 1 month ago
- ATRG Research Fellow, Richard Arm, presented his work into improving educational trauma simulations at STAT 2017... fb.me/JmfXMSnv 2 months ago