Anura Rathnayake of the Advanced Textiles Research Group has been conducting further wash trials on our textiles with fully integrated electronics. Full electrical functionality is retained even after repeated machine wash cycles. This is achieved by encapsulating the semi-conductor chips within resin micro-pods for protection. Free fibres between micro-pods ensure that the required textile characteristics of softness and flexibility are retained.
- It will soon be show time once again for the carnival costume made in the Advanced Textiles Research Group at... fb.me/z9IvHAgP 2 months ago
- Theodore Hughes-Riley and Tilak Dias have published details on their work on monitoring of hand-transmitted... fb.me/1Pbtd3ApO 2 months ago
- News about a new project to prevent hearing damage:... fb.me/2RGfCojB8 2 months ago
- Lord Earl Howe 7th and Richard Arm discussing the next chapter of ATRG research at NTU. 3 months ago
- Yesterday's Nottingham carnival featured the Advanced Textiles Research Group's dramatic carnival 'King' costume.... fb.me/8JjBMtpgp 3 months ago