Introducing Si Beales (pictured right with Professor Dias). Si has recently joined the Advanced Textiles Research Group and is the School of Art & Design’s Business Relationship Manager, working to develop relationships between industry and the school’s academic courses and research groups. Si combines this role with lecturing in Fashion Communication & Promotion. He has extensive experience in enterprise and entrepreneurship having founded and run two successful businesses, one in marketing and the other in fashion (winner of the 2007 UK Fashion Export Award). Si has worked with numerous brands including Burberry, Nike, Coca-Cola, Canon and B&W. He has also written for publications such as, Draper’s, BA Business Life and Vogue.
- Vibration sensors within yarn could help to monitor hand-transmitted vibration, which can cause injury. A new... fb.me/8tZXEDH33 3 days ago
- A workshop to explore developments in electronic yarn was the event of last week, attracting 80 delegates.... fb.me/8a3sAs3p7 2 weeks ago
- Representatives from Burberry visited recently to discuss and see the Advanced Textiles Research Group's work. fb.me/1TmBmqqdF 1 month ago
- The BBC visited today to film for 'Made in the East Midlands' in the Advanced Textiles Research Group's lab.... fb.me/4HscSnxqW 1 month ago
- Guilford Textiles' Rachael Wickenden hosted a visit from members of the Advanced Textiles Research Group... fb.me/8tobyy5ez 1 month ago