Spot the electronics! Pasindu Lugoda has created an electronic temperature sensing (ETS) yarn by incorporating a thermistor chip within the fibres. Due to the minute size of the chip (500x500x1000 micrometres) it cannot be seen by the naked eye. The ETS yarn could be produced for less than 1 US Dollar.
- Lord Earl Howe 7th and Richard Arm discussing the next chapter of ATRG research at NTU. 3 days ago
- Yesterday's Nottingham carnival featured the Advanced Textiles Research Group's dramatic carnival 'King' costume.... fb.me/8JjBMtpgp 1 month ago
- Read about socks that measure foot temperature in 'A Study of Thermistor Performance within a Textile Structure'.... fb.me/ufbCRlng 1 month ago
- The Advanced Textiles Research Group's carnival costume was the runner up for Nottingham in yesterday's EMCCAN... fb.me/82XGsAXx3 1 month ago
- ATRG Research Fellow, Richard Arm, presented his work into improving educational trauma simulations at STAT 2017... fb.me/JmfXMSnv 2 months ago