Spot the electronics! Pasindu Lugoda has created an electronic temperature sensing (ETS) yarn by incorporating a thermistor chip within the fibres. Due to the minute size of the chip (500x500x1000 micrometres) it cannot be seen by the naked eye. The ETS yarn could be produced for less than 1 US Dollar.
- A lecture entitled: 'The emerging role of the smart textile designer: a field guide for BA(Hons) Textile Design... fb.me/1hYJsiXei 2 days ago
- The Advanced Textiles Research Group has had an exciting week. Elizabeth Fagen, the Managing director of Boots UK... fb.me/5JQL9bsTO 1 month ago
- The first Soft Textiles and Robotics workshop was held at King's College London on Friday. Dorothy Hardy... fb.me/8I2nNHUfe 1 month ago
- Professor Roger Kneebone visited recently to give some inspiring insights into the crossover between craft skills... fb.me/6f1iSoWOz 1 month ago
- ATRG Research Fellow, Richard Arm's cardiovascular simulation research was featured at an event called 'The... fb.me/5Z9WjzPIk 1 month ago