The RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) chips that we are introducing into yarns for our sustainability project are very small. Each one is only one millimetre wide with a thickness of 0.5 millimetres. One is shown next to a pound coin for comparison.
- Vibration sensors within yarn could help to monitor hand-transmitted vibration, which can cause injury. A new... fb.me/8tZXEDH33 3 days ago
- A workshop to explore developments in electronic yarn was the event of last week, attracting 80 delegates.... fb.me/8a3sAs3p7 2 weeks ago
- Representatives from Burberry visited recently to discuss and see the Advanced Textiles Research Group's work. fb.me/1TmBmqqdF 1 month ago
- The BBC visited today to film for 'Made in the East Midlands' in the Advanced Textiles Research Group's lab.... fb.me/4HscSnxqW 1 month ago
- Guilford Textiles' Rachael Wickenden hosted a visit from members of the Advanced Textiles Research Group... fb.me/8tobyy5ez 1 month ago